This week I'm going to have the pleasure of attending a HR conference covering a subject I deeply enjoy. Sponsored by The Conference Board, the Social Media Strategies for HR Seminars will be a hands-on 2 day event here in New York City.
Unlike many conferences I've attended where the speakers may serve the Human Resources community, yet are not truly aligned with our interests, many of the speakers are active practitioners, or have earned the respect of the community.
A few notable participants include:
- Ben Brooks - He's currently the Vice President and Practice Leader of Human Capital Performance at Marsh, a leading insurance broker and risk adviser. In this role he's responsible for the organization's talent, employee engagement, and social media strategy.
- Eric Meyer - Eric is a Partner at Dilworth Paxson, LLP, a law firm based in Philadelphia. While not a HR professional, Eric's legal insight supports those of us in the Human Resources field who want to craft intelligent SM related strategies for the organizations we serve. Check him out in a recent HR Happy Hour radio episode where he discusses, amongst other topics, the controversy over employers requesting job seekers passwords to Facebook and other social networking sites.
- Jennifer McClure - Jennifer is President and Chief Talent Strategist at Unbridled Talent, LLC. It's a consulting company in the areas of recruiting, social recruiting, employment branding and leadership/career development. She's also a prolific public speaker and, having seen her in action, I can tell you that she knows what she's talking about regarding the previously mentioned topics.
- Courtney Hunt, Ph.D. - In addition to her role as Principal at Renaissance Strategic Solutions, Courtney is the founder and Community Manager at Social Media in Organizations (SMinOrgs). This professional community, which currently has over 10,000 members globally, serves to share information and stimulate discussion around the application and implications of social media in the workforce.
- Steve Boese and Trish McFarlane - If you haven't heard of HRevolution, then you're missing out on one of the most progressive Human Resources events around, of which Trish is a co-founder. Both now serve on the planning committee, ensuring that each year's event bring together great thought leaders who want to move the HR profession forward. In addition to their roles at HRevolution, Steve and Trish are respected bloggers (appearing in a variety of online settings, such as the aforementioned HR Happy Hour, as well as Women of HR, respectively) and public speakers. They also have day jobs--Steve Boese is Director of Talent Management Strategy at Oracle, while Trish is Director of Human Resources for Perficient, Inc.
With a line-up like this, how can I not be excited to attend?
If you're interested in following the event I'll be live tweeting it. Keep an eye out for the hashtag, #tcbsm4hr and feel free to participate! And if you're at the event come by and say hi, okay?